The digital age means jobseekers can search and apply for jobs quicker and easier than ever before. With so much information available about employers at the click of a button, it begs the question, are career fairs a thing of the past?
Some may suggest they are obsolete, but we discovered 70.9% of automotive professionals would be interested in attending a careers fair specialising in their industry.
- 20.5% of automotive professionals have attended an automotive careers fair
- Of the 79.5% of automotive professionals that haven’t attended a careers fair, 27% cited ‘location’ as the reason why
- Of the 79.5% of automotive professionals that haven’t attended a careers fair, 37.4% cited ‘it isn’t something I’ve thought about before’ as the reason why
- Of the 79.5% of automotive professionals that haven’t attended a careers fair, 19.1% cited they ‘hadn’t found the right event’ as the reason why
- 70.9% of automotive professionals would be interested in attending an automotive careers fair
- 61.9% of automotive professionals would like the opportunity to talk with relevant employers face to face
- 25.7% of automotive professionals would attend a careers fair to get help with their CV
- 21% of automotive professionals would attend a careers fair to listen to industry professionals speaking about their own career
Responses acquired between 29th January 2019 and 10th June 2019.
Based on an InAutomotive survey of 151 automotive professionals.
Response to Covid-19 prompts relaunch of InAutomotive
InAutomotive, has announced that the automotive job site has undergone the biggest transformation in its 18 year history. Based on in-depth research into the industry, as well as extensive feedback and insights provided by InAutomotive clients and jobseekers, the site...
How Covid-19 impacted jobs in the automotive industry in 2020
Covid-19 was a major disruption for the automotive industry with the sector recording its worst six month performance since the end of World War Two. Just 381,357 cars were built between January and July, representing a drop of 42.8% and a loss of 285,164 units. The...
InAutomotive releases its 2020 year in review
InAutomotive has released its 2020 Year in Review. The report details how Covid-19 impacted: Jobs in the automotive industry Traffic, applications and jobs posted to InAutomotive The lives and careers of our jobseekers The job search and the shift in priorities as a...