Discover key insights into our 2019 Flexible Working Survey.
- 33.8% of automotive professionals work the traditional 9-5 hours
- 67% cited flexible working hours as “important” when searching for their next role
- 33.3% of automotive professionals cited that they were “100% loyal” to their current employer
- 53.2% of automotive professionals ‘set a hard boundary’ between home and work life
How do automotive professionals currently work now?
- 27.8% of automotive professionals do shift work
- 20.4% work flexitime
- 18.5% job share
- 14.8% work from home
- 3.7% work part time
- 3.7% work annualised hours
- 1.9% work compressed hours
- 1.9% are in phased retirement
- 1.9% work staggered hours
Responses acquired between 28th February 2019 and 7th June 2019.
Based on an InAutomotive survey of 77 automotive professionals.
Response to Covid-19 prompts relaunch of InAutomotive
InAutomotive, has announced that the automotive job site has undergone the biggest transformation in its 18 year history. Based on in-depth research into the industry, as well as extensive feedback and insights provided by InAutomotive clients and jobseekers, the site...
How Covid-19 impacted jobs in the automotive industry in 2020
Covid-19 was a major disruption for the automotive industry with the sector recording its worst six month performance since the end of World War Two. Just 381,357 cars were built between January and July, representing a drop of 42.8% and a loss of 285,164 units. The...
InAutomotive releases its 2020 year in review
InAutomotive has released its 2020 Year in Review. The report details how Covid-19 impacted: Jobs in the automotive industry Traffic, applications and jobs posted to InAutomotive The lives and careers of our jobseekers The job search and the shift in priorities as a...